Sunday, January 15, 2017

Take care of yourself.

When it comes to taking care of myself, I have sucked at it for years. When I was in college my diet wasn't so bad because I had nearby places to get good food on a daily basis. At home, my mother is the one who mainly buys the snacks and she loves buying junk food. A majority of the time I have no choice but to eat the junk food she bought if that is all she has and I'm hungry. I normally have to press down on her to make sure she buys healthy snacks because I don't want to feel sluggish or fill my stomach up with rubbish.

I know so many people are in situations similar to mine where one person in the house, a parent like myself, are the ones in charge of buying the food for the house and doesn't always make healthy choices. I know for many people it is very difficult to give up certain junk foods like chips or to even give up soda is practically the end for others. I know I used to drink soda often but I soon as I learned how bad it was for my body, I dropped it immediately and now I mainly drink water, iced tea, and juice. Even with juice we have to be careful and pay some attention to how much sugar is in our juices. Yes, we need sugar but we don't need 54 grams of sugar every day.

Exercising! Exercising is another key task in our weekly schedule to complete in order to become more healthy and to stay healthy throughout our lives. I know we hear it all over the place now. Go jogging! Join a gym! Wanna be gym buddies!? As annoying as it can be sometimes, it is very important to be doing some type of exercise even if it is just walking for about half an hour 3-4 times a week. Many people played Pokemon Go to get their exercise in and for some it worked. People were working out by power walking and running all over the place trying to be the very best and they weren't even thinking about the fact that there were exercising for about an hour; killing two birds with one stone.

Personally, I hated exercising when I was a teenager but as I got older and started to realize the benefits for exercise, I have been putting more effort over the years to figure out which workout is right for me, my schedule, and my body type. That is something that I notice some people might not pay too much mind to; which workout is suitable for their body type. Everyone isn't the same so why should our workouts be? Partner up with someone you trust to push you to help look around for you perfect workout and to help you stay on track to reach whichever physical goals you've made for yourself.

My goal is to have a smaller stomach because my belly has grown over the years and drinking beer can and will give you a beer gut, head my words. I have learned my lesson and I have continued to pay mind to what I put into my body and what time of the day I put food into my body. What time of the day we eat and drink is also important. Sure, we can cheat here and there and treat ourselves with a little midnight snack but we have to try not to make it a habit.

Being mindful of our hair, skin, and nails. I know this all sounds a lot but baby steps matters. Knowing how to groom ourselves, what product works best for us, what type of hairstyle looks great on us, how should we shape our facial hair? What color looks best on us? Long nails or short? Being mindful to clip your finger and toe nails weekly to probably bi-weekly depending on how fast your nails may grow. Same goes for you hair; we should be trimming out ends every 6 months to ensure our hair is healthy and grows well. Skin, I can't stress enough to hydrate our skin and to nourish our skin. SPF EVERYWHERE! SPF is so important ALL. YEAR. ROUND. Even in the winter the sun's rays can cause much damage to your skin so make sure you facial creams have SPF.

These are just a few things that came to mind for me when it comes to taking care of myself and encouraging others to continue to take care of themselves or to start thinking about where we can improve; there is always room for improvement.

These are my suggestions and I hope they help encourage you to love not just the inside but the outside of your bodies.

Please follow me on TWITTER @midnighthuee where I post little positive notes that hopefully can perk you up. I post here every Sunday.

Remember to keep smiling and try to smile towards others because you never know who you can cheer up. Until next time. Take Care <3

No comments:

Post a Comment