Monday, October 9, 2017

'What is standing in your way right now'

I decided to answer another one of my writing prompts since it has been a while and I thought this was a really good question. I also wanted to share for those who might need a little time to dig into their inner selves.

My answer was, "I'd say the only thing in my way is me. I know I am capable of being able to do and complete so much. I can't help but to continue to feel 'where can my skills be used the most?' My biggest passion is writing and always has been for a very long time. There was even a time in my life when I wasn't creatively writing and writing was rarely on my mind. Due to the head space I was in at the time, I had completely forgotten about my love and passion for writing. When I got older and got to a remotely better place with my overall well-being, I tried writing again. But nothing was coming out for years. During the previous summers, I tried buying fancy pens and canary yellow toned notepads thinking the fancier the supplies were, the more inspired I'd become. Things didn't work out that way and I couldn't write anything for about 3 summers. It was heart-breaking but I never had it in mind to give-up. I kept having in mind to leave my writing alone, give it some space and come back to it later hoping to have something good to write. I'm also afraid of what I'm capable of as well and scaring people away is another. I'm also afraid of biting more than I can chew and really messing up."

Overall, my fears are getting in the way of me doing and giving more to myself professionally. I'm scared of scaring people away because I can be 'intense' and 'bold' but over time I learned that it does not matter if I scare those people away because if they do scare that 'easily' then they are not the people to be in my life as a friend. Maybe they can fit somewhere else in my life but as my friend, it is a no because I can be very bold and intense. I have two best friends who love me because I have those traits. They even encourage me to keep being my best-self and that is something we all need; people who will encourage and help us to become our best-selves.

This prompt is suppose to be a page long but of course I recommend anyone to write as long as they feel they need to. I do suggest this prompt for anyone who'd want to take some time out to sit with themselves and think of what could be 'standing in their way right now.' When I first bumped into this prompt I thought it was appropriate for me to answer such a question that will cause me to think a little deeper because I needed to. I'm in a place where I need to start thinking of the next step in my life and figuring out how to make that next step. I'm not saying I'm in a bad spot. I just need to be in a better spot since I want more for myself and I need to give myself more. I need to continue to tell myself that I need more and I deserve more. The more I channel this, the more likely I am to strive for a life situation that is better for me and my future.

I'm going to end things here because honestly I've been tired from work and all I wanna do is read and think of more stories to post on my Wattpad. Please check it out and leave comments on what you would like to read about. I'm sorry if this feels rushed to anyone because it was and I kept feeling bad if I didn't post anything so I hope this is good enough until my next post.

Please follow me on TWITTER @midnighthuee and tell me what you do when you're tired that you barely want to do anything.

Smile. Try to do one good deed each day and until next time, Take Care <3


small announcement: I won't be able to post every Sunday anymore, sadly, since things keep coming up on my side which prevents me from getting the chance to sit down and write out my posts. Even though I have not and won't be posting every Sunday, I do intend to post once a week. Things might get better when I get a new computer but for now, I will be posting once a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment