Monday, March 27, 2017

Ellen Hopkins books

If you love books as much as I do, along with some poetry, you know who Ellen Hopkins is and you know about her books.

I wanted to take a post to talk briefly about it because I was finally able to get a copy of one of her books for a deal because ever since she became a Best-Selling Author, her books cost about $20-30 each. I buy most of my books on thriftbooks.com, I strongly urge everyone to buy books there if you don't already. They also sell textbooks for all you college students who need more affordable textbooks for your semesters.

I am currently reading "Tilt" by Ellen Hopkins and of course I'm in love it. My love for her books started when I was still a teenager and I went to my public library way more often to get my books. The first book I found by her was "Burned." I finished that book in three days because I became so immersed in it. When I went back to my public library, I tried to find another book by her but all of her books were checked out. That was when I learned that all her of books were vastly popular and it was going to be hell to get another book by her.

Over time, I was able to buy my own copies of her books and I was more than thrilled because her books are amazingly written to me. Sure, each book is around 500 pages but each page is a poem so each page isn't filled to the brim with words.

Each book is it own story about teenagers and what is going on in their lives. I know some people might say it's dramatic because of some of the situations but it is the teenager's life stories which is why I can't help but get sucked into her books. I get angry, sad, or feel happy at what each character has to experience. A lot of the time I feel it isn't fair but that is their current life; this is real life for not just these character but for teenagers and people who can relate or has experiences similar situations.

I will end things here because I finally started reading another one of her books and I just wanted to share with you guys. I really hope you guys end up picking up a copy of any of the Ellen Hopkins books. Please follow me on TWITTER @midnighthuee and tell me which copy you have. Everything I say here is just a suggestion.

Smiling is great for you and the people around you too. Try to do one good deed a day and until next time, Take Care <3

No comments:

Post a Comment