Monday, March 27, 2017

Get Out

I watched this movie last weekend because of the reviews that I was seeing all over the place. Everyone was saying that this movie is wonderful, despite it being a thriller, because it brings to life how racism does still affect black people in our country. I cannot relate to those struggles as much because I am not considered black. Hispanics are not considered black because we are Hispanic. Everyone calls us Spanish and calls it a day. There is still a group of Hispanic people who do not want to admit that they are black or do not even realize that they are like myself growing up. My culture is Hispanic therefore, that was my surroundings. As I got older, I realized that I am black too because I am not White nor Asian and there are only three races in our world; Black, White, and Asian. 

The only thing, at this point in my life, that I can relate to is not being considered "black enough." I'm already going to give you my thoughts on that and it is that it is just fucking stupid to say to a black person that they are not "black enough" for whatever ridiculous criteria they have for a black person. Being black is not what we are "trying" to be, black people is what we are and black people come in many shapes, sizes, and colors just like White and Asian people. Our Earth is mixed with so many mixed people that it is a shame to hear such comments in modern and developed societies. 

I digress, returning to the movie, it is great and if you have not seen it yet, you better go catch it while it's still in theaters or if you can find it online I encourage that too; save your money. The movie is so well done in the sense that every theme in the movie ties into each other so well such as, white supremacy, racism, slavery, race when it comes to certain jobs, psychology, slavery, history, and how black people may be viewed today. It is so good. This movie tackles so many issues that are still relevant today and approaches them through a horror/thriller movie because all of those issues are scary to and for anyone who can relate to it. I think it is the perfect way to address such scary issues; through a thriller to show how serious these issues really are.

Also do keep in mind that it is suppose to be a thriller and it is. There are some fantasy aspects in  that movie that only does happen in horror films so please be mindful of that fact that is in indeed, a horror movie and it is rated R

I do not want to give too much away about what happens in the movie since it's a thriller; I might practically give everything away. I wanted to mainly discuss the main themes surrounding the movie is all so I will end this here. Please go watch the movie and try bringing a friend for discussions because this movie is going to cause some great discussions in my opinion.

Please follow me on TWITTER @midnighthuee and tell me if you've seen the movie and what you think. Everything I say on my blog is merely a suggestion, I am not telling anyone to do anything.

Remember to smile because it causes you to feel that much more happier when you're having a bad day, smile to a stranger and until next time, Take Care <3

No comments:

Post a Comment