Sunday, November 19, 2017

Everyone Doesn't have Good Parents

I wanted to make this post for those who don't have good parents and have to continuously explain to people that they do not go to their parents for typical parent situations.

Before anyone starts questioning, I don't think my parents are that bad compared to other's but their short comings can have a lasting hit. A lot of people refuse to acknowledge that emotional hits can last but they can be remembered for a long time for some.

There have been times when I wished my mother would have actually defended me or there have been times when I wished my dad was more careful with his words. But at the end of the day, they are people who are going to make mistakes. When the kids become adults, we are constantly told not to take certain things personally and that includes what our parents end up telling us no matter how much it may hurt. I personally still don't know how to tell my parents they hurt my feelings. It sounds and feels weird to me because hearing sorry from them doesn't make the pain they caused any less.

I also know that my parents are not that bad compared to parents who are negligence, physically hurting their children, selling their children for sex and drugs, abandoning them before their lives have started, and the list goes on. I am more than grateful for my parents; they wanted better lives for themselves in result made sure their children could have a fighting chance in this world. My parents have been parents almost their whole lives and that is not an easy decision to make.

There are so many children, so many adults who still hurt until this day from what their parents said and did to them and we can't always tell who those hurting people are or what they may look like. Some were able to get passed all of those hardships, forgive their parents enough to move on and not to let that sort of energy consume or prevent them from living their lives.

Others, on the other hand, are still struggling from the hardships they have experienced with their parents to the point where they do not know how to move on; some do not know how to forgive. Some might not want to forgive their parents because they believe their parents do not deserve forgiveness.

It is a touchy subject for some and it's understandable. Some kids kill for the day for their parent(s) to tell them they're proud of them or to hear their parents tell them excellent job meanwhile other kids don't have to work as hard to hear, "excellent job, I'm so proud of you, you worked very hard and you deserve a break." Some kids would kill to hear that sentence. Some kids would kill to just have loving and involved parents.

The up side is that once we do become adults, we are in charge of who we are and who we want to become; we don't have our parents holding us back anymore. It can be scary as hell as first but the more we think about how scary the world can be or is, the less steps we are going to take forward. We can think about how scary things can be for a little bit and prepare for certain outcomes since we can never really be prepared for anything and everything; we can only do the best that we can. 

So on that note, I am going to end things here. I know we can do it. It will be a hard and strenuous  road ahead but it's our road and we can do whatever the hell we want with it. We just have to keep doing what we are doing and something will budge somewhere down the line.

Please follow me on TWITTER @midnighthuee and share with us a little bit of good and bad about your parents. Think of it as an outlet.
I also have my Wattpad account where my stories lives in case those may be interested in reading my creative writing. I'd appreciate the support deeply and truly.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt because you know yourself best. You do.

Smile. Try to do one good deed each day and until next time, Take Care <3

No comments:

Post a Comment