Sunday, November 26, 2017

Respecting our journeys

"I wasn't sure what exactly to talk about but I know I wanted it to be on a happier note. I have been talking a lot about mental health since I have been struggling with it. I noticed that one of the reasons why I have been struggling with my mental health is because I've been too hard on myself and not respecting my journey."

I decided to keep the top part because that was me when I was not feeling mentally alright. I want to stress for those who were in my shoes or who are currently in those shoes that it is okay to not be okay sometimes because a lot of us live in a society where they are beyond stressful. Our bodies are not built to endure such great amounts of stress for an extended period of time. So of course, something bad is bound to happen when we continue to exert ourselves and not give ourselves enough breaks. You can commit to your work and be a great worker which is amazing because there are so many people who are not a great worker which is factual. But that does not mean that you cannot give yourself breaks. You need breaks for your physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health. Our health is of the utmost importance. We need to make sure that our health is our number one priority.

If we do not put our health first, we won't be much of anything. The reason why we are able to do what we are able to do for a long time is because we are healthy. If we weren't healthy, we wouldn't be able to do much of anything.

This is the time of year where people may be working more which is okay; just make sure to have a break somewhere. It is okay to not work at all but make sure you are doing something to keep yourself active even if it's just walking around the block. There are different ways to give yourself a break.

I titled this post 'respecting our journeys' because it is very important to respect our own individual paths. We live in a technology ran world where anything is accessible including everyone else's lives. We can continuously see what other people are doing and of course, they put a majority of the good things they are experiencing because they want people to enjoy those good times with them. When it comes to some people anyway in my opinion. Unfortunately, not everyone is taught to be happy for people. When some people continue to see others having a good time and if they are not doing the same, they have an opposite effect. They feel they are missing out. They feel that they should be able to do the same things in their lives but probably can't for whatever the reason may be. Which, can lead to many negatives feelings and outcomes.

That is the moment when you are disrespecting your journey and yourself. It is okay to feel envious or jealous of others since it's a humane emotion but it doesn't mean that it's a good humane feeling. It's not good because why be jealous and envious? You have your things too; other people literally just have different stuff and live situations. Yes, everyone wants to have pretty things, have a lot of money and go on awesome looking adventures but as I said, people on the internet put a majority of the good stuff that they are experiencing; it does not mean that the entire experience was wonderful. It does not mean that all of their experiences are amazing; they are human too and are going to go through trials and tribulations just like you and me.

I put the good stuff because I want people to feel happy or joyous when they read my posts. But I also don't mind putting some of the rough situations I experience because I don't want people to feel as alone as I'd feel sometimes. I always hope and wish that my posts reach those who need them most. I always hope that people read my posts and don't feel so alone anymore because they are not. There are others who feel the same way.

That is why I want to stress to respect our journeys. If we didn't reach our ideal weight yet, that is more than okay. Be mindful of all the time you have to get to your ideal body type. You didn't get into the school you wanted to? That only sucks now because it is a does suck not to get into the school you wanted to but you probably will later or get into a better school. Yes, you could get into a worse school but it doesn't matter because what you make of your experience is what really matters. You don't have to go to the best school to get the best job. How you present yourself and showing what you are capable of will go much farther than what school you went to. Whatever your situation is that you don't like, it is temporary, it really is. Nothing, that I can think of, lasts forever so let's try to make the most of what we have and try to do our best with them. I know we can do it. It does feel hard because it is a tough situation. We are going to have time when we feel very low because that is part of the journey.

When we are feeling very low, that is the moment when we can learn the most about ourselves. We can take those lessons and apply them when we are feeling much better and are doing the best can do.

I will end things here. It felt good to get some things off my chest. I hope some of you feel better getting some things off your chest too.

Please follow me on TWITTER @MIDNIGHTHUEE and share with us how your journey is going whether it is good or bad. Sometimes it can be good to share.

I also have my WATTPAD account where my stories live in case those may be interested in reading my creative writing. I'd appreciate the support deeply and truly.



Take everything I say with a grain of salt because you know yourself best. You do.


Smile. Try to do one good deed each day and until next time, Take Care <3

No comments:

Post a Comment