Sunday, April 1, 2018

letting yourself feel.

I got inspired to write this post because I got really sad about something I've been dealing with the other day. I'm usually not the type to cry about whatever it was that I was sad about. My body even has a hard time crying most of the time whenever something does make me sad.

Sounds terrible, I know, but that's just how my body is for now.

But, this time I actually let myself cry. I was able to cry and I probably cried for about 5-10 minutes and I actually felt better. I know I'm talking about something that isn't new but I know people tend to forget to let themselves feel out their emotions or like myself, they don't let themselves feel their emotions out often enough.

I can't recall the last time I cried and I felt a little better. It felt brand new to me even though the act of crying and feeling better is not.

I remember I've been told no crying or princesses don't cry. I heard other people be told similar phrases and I know it would leave a bad taste in my mouth. I can't remember a moment when I told someone not to cry when they were genuinely sad about something. I'm not all that great anymore when it comes to comforting a person right away when they start crying like when I was younger but I try.

It's a very humane thing when someone starts crying. They're hurting and as their loved ones we have to try our best to comfort and console them through their troubling times; no matter how annoying it may or will get.

The older I get, I keep thinking about this psychiatrist that I met who I thought was a total bitch. I disliked her from the moment I told her nicely that she mispronounced my last name and she couldn't take me correcting her. Sometimes it takes something as small as such an encounter to get an idea of how a person is going to be with you.

But, something she told me stuck with me. It was that life is going to get more stressful. That was the only thing I took from her because, at the time, I thought I'd be able to tackle anything on my own. I was wrong. I can't do everything on my own but it was scary for me because that's all I know; how to do things on my own even if I'm doing something for someone else, I'd do it on my own. It wasn't until a few years ago that I've been getting better at asking and receiving help. It sounds silly but that's how life is for many people such as myself; we have a hard time asking and receiving help because we've done things for ourselves and on our own for so long.

Whoever reads this, I hope they understand that is it okay to cry. This is a reminder that it is not a form of weakness. It's not. It may feel that way but it's not. You will feel better after you give yourself the time to cry. Along with being patient with yourself to give yourself the time you need to heal from whatever it may be that is causing you the hurt to sad cry in the first place. You will gradually feel better; you just have to trust yourself to slide into your sadness (emotions), become aware of them and figure out a way that works for you in order for you to accept them wholeheartedly. 

There is no guarantee though that you will feel better right after but at least, you let yourself feel whatever emotions you were feeling and you're on a better path of feeling better.

That's all I have to say for now. I know I haven't made a blog post in a few months now and I said I'd come back around the end of March but I'm having too much fun writing my stories. It's this adventure that I'm on and it's something. It's small but it's mine. So for now, I don't have a schedule for my blog anymore. I don't know who was on the ride with my blog but whoever was, I hope they're not too mad about this.

I do plan to post but I don't always have a good idea to write something for my blog. But whenever I do, I will post.

You can follow me on TWITTER @MIDNIGHTHUEE and share whatever is on your mind. Be friendly.

I also have my WATTPAD account where my stories live in case anyone is interested in reading my creative writing. I appreciate the support deeply and truly.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt because you know yourself best. You do.

Smile : ) Try to do one good deed each day and until next time, Take Care <3


                                                                                                                                       Happy Easter : )

No comments:

Post a Comment