Monday, February 27, 2017

Are we sticking to our New Year's Resolutions?

I wanted to make a post about our resolutions because I see that some of my friends are giving up, some of my friends are staying on track, and the rest of my friends are actually adding onto their goals which encourages me to keep going.

Considering my living situation, I can only do so much to exercise and eat as healthy as I prefer; I am doing the best I can and little by little add on whenever I can. That does not mean that I am going to give up all together though. It also means that I am not going to beat myself up whenever I do not eat my greens on some days because at least throughout most of the week I had my fruits and vegetables.

I also don't beat myself up if I am not exercising as much as I used to when I was a teenager. I'm currently a working adult with a nontraditional work schedule. The only time I can really exercise the recommended amount is during the weekends and of course, all I want to do is relax.

I have a hell of a schedule right now and I know there are plenty of people in the same shoes as me who are doing their best but all they wanna do is sleep and rest up for work. There are others who feel that they have to give up on their resolutions for currently important goals which is more than okay because you can always pick it back up on a later date. 

I am saying that we do have a lot of time to get our goals completed but that does not mean to slack off on our goals because with that mentality, it'll never get achieved or can get accomplished on a much later date than planned. When one goal is reached, another one can be created or another one is created automatically because one thing gets done and now it's time to move onto the next thing that needs to be completed at a certain amount of time.

I mainly wanted to bring up our goals because shit happens throughout out lives; schedules change, life happens with our friends and sometimes things can get out of our control. The important thing is not to beat yourself up, recognize that something didn't get done on the day you wanted to get it done and reschedule to get it done on the next available day.

The whole point of our goals is to reach them at our designed pace because everyone does not work at the same pace. Setting goals isn't mean to rush to complete them. Goals help us grow as a person; you have something to work towards and to look forward to. Having goals is suppose to be a positive and enriching experience, it's not suppose to be something to stress over and feel anxiety over because you see other people completing their goals at a much faster speed than you for example.

They are your goals and you will finish them at your pace.

I will end things here and encourage those to keep moving forward because you're not done yet. There are still plenty of things to be done and even if you wanted to finish today and you're not, you still have tomorrow morning, afternoon, and night. Don't sweat it too much.

Follow me on TWITTER @midnighthuee and tell me what your goals are and if you're almost done or just getting started.

Smile a little more, try to do a good deed, and until next time, Take care <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment