Thursday, March 17, 2016

Birchbox's March Makeup Box Review

Hello Everyone! It is the month of March and it is slowly but surely getting warmer. I look forward to the warmer seasons but considering New York had a not so cold winter, I think it’s safe to expect a hot summer.

Moving on with reviewing Birchbox’s March box that I honestly did not love as much as I thought but! There is a promo going on right now for the entire month that I am very excited about. You can make you own sample box this month for $15 for nonmembers which is normally $25 if I’m not mistaken. Those who are members, the sample box is $10 which I hoped on instantly because I got to pick the samples I want.





I will start off a little with the box design, as usual, fabulous. I always look forward to what the design with be every month and I love being surprised so that’s why I don’t go on the website until I get my box since you have the option of seeing what may be in your box that month. You may even have the option to customize what may go into your box each month for members.









Now for inside this beautiful and lovely box.The first item I noticed was the Stainiac brand lip and cheek tint. Keep in mind, this is a tint, not a stain. Most tints are suppose to be subtle and not super noticeable but does give you lips and cheeks a small hint of color for those who may not be a fan of super bold shades. If so, I highly recommend this.





Next, Supergoop’s city sunscreen serum! I stress sunscreen because sunscreen is very, very, VERY, important is you want to look young longer. Always put sunscreen, at least SPF 50, on your whole face and neck. I like putting sunscreen even on the back of my neck. The sample I have is SPF 30 and I’m somewhat okay with that because I prefer having as high as I can get. I know it can be a bit of a challenge to find SPF 50 and have a pretty smell so that’s why I let some slide with SPF 30 but if I have to choose, SPF 50. It is getting warmer everyone so make sure to have your favorite sunscreen handy!





Third sample, Trestique’s mini shadow crayon. I love this brand for this lipsticks because so far that is all I have tried. This month I got a pretty dark shade, ASPEN PINE and I did not expect to be given such a shade. I feel that it is a bit dark for me since I don’t usually go for the dark eye shadow look but I know many of you do so this, I highly recommend. Plus it’s a crayon so I feel that you may have a bit more control and it seems to blend very well.



Number four! Curl Keeper’s Ultimate Hold and Frizz control. When subscribing to be a member, they do ask you for your hair type. I have natural, curly and big hair so I will always get those sorts of products. Plus I am all about natural hair especially since it’s easier on my hair than flat ironing it. If you want to flat iron though, go for it; I’m all about going for a different hair style from time to time, whatever makes you happy and feel beautiful. I have not tried it yet since it’s in a paper like packaging so I’m afraid that once I open I have to use it all and I don’t want to do so. I will come back to you with this product and I will let you know how I feel about it.





Last but not least, Juara’s Radiance Enzyme Scrub. This brightens and exfoliates your skin, minimizes pores and is good for all skin types! The scrub is dermatologist tested, 100% vegetarian, free of parabens, phthalates, and harsh chemicals. I tried a little bit on the back of my hand and I can say that my hand feels super soft. It is always good to have an exfoliater in your skin care routine especially for those who are always on the move and your skin is being exposed to everything outside.









Well that does it for my first review of Birchbox’s March box! I actually had a really good time with this because I noticed that I feel super confident when I am talking about products especially those that I take the time out to see how it is on my skin or my friend’s skin. I love hearing feedback about certain brands and products because it encourages me to try more and it is always good to expand your horizons.

Follow me on TWITTER/ @midnighthue and tell me what you thought of my review.

On Thursday I will review IPSY’s makeup and I can say that I love their bag because it really does get me in the mood for spring.

Also I apologize deeply for not posting on Thursday. Work was hectic last week and I came home mentally exhausted, I didn’t even turn on my computer. I also apologize for not posting on time this week far. My schedule has been pretty full and I have not been able to finish up my posts on time. I am deeply sorry about this and Thursday's post will be late as well. Next week, everything will go back to normal because I will not be as busy and things will mellow out at work. Thank you for bearing with my slightly hectic schedule the past two weeks.

I hope you guys really like my review and that it was helpful, even a little.


Thank you, everyone and until next time, don’t forget to smile, and Take Care <3

No comments:

Post a Comment