Sunday, April 30, 2017

New Year's Resolutions or our life goals?

We’re going to talk about our New Year’s Resolutions again! Except that’s not what we’re calling it anymore right? We’re calling it our everyday goals now.

I’ll use mine as an example. I want to continue to eat as healthy as I can throughout the year and get into a better physical health. I am no setting my goals to a ridiculous level because then I am going to be too hard on myself when I don’t succeed at first and beating myself up is not going to help me get to my long-term goals.

Again, what is important to do is to take baby steps. You want to lose 30 pounds, start by focusing on losing 3-5 pounds in probably a month or two. I say probably because everyone’s body is different and our metabolisms are different. It is possible to make our metabolisms faster which may help in the weight lose process but again, everyone’s body is different.

I cannot stress this out enough because there are so many people out there pushing themselves beyond the limit to see a number on a scale that may be not realistic for their body types. We have to consider height when it comes to our weight and we have to consider our genetic makeup as well. I am Hispanic and I am on the curvy side and there are certain parts of my body that can only get rid of so much fat because of my genetic makeup.

There are some people that they look great and weigh a certain amount because of so many other factors such as muscle mass. There are people that they are heavy but it is all muscle, barely any fat. Also, water weight can fluctuate between 3-5 pounds throughout the week and you can gain one pound just from drinking water alone, nothing else. I'm not saying that to freak anyone out, it is for you to start gaining a realistic perspective on your body and to start loving the body you were given.

I would suggest speaking with your primary physician, a nutritionist and a professional work-out trainer if you want to become more informed about your body about what realistic goals you could set for yourself.

Just because it is not January anymore does not mean you have to wait until next January to start a new goal. You can start new goals anytime throughout the year, not just in January.

Plus, I personally think it's fun to set up small short-term goals for ourselves to have something to look forward to every few months throughout the year. It’s cool. The little things matter and can go a long way.

If you had and started your goal(s) at the beginning of the year and you fell astray, that’s alright. What is important is that if this is a goal you want to see through one day, get back on track and try again. If this is something you really want to happen for yourself, you have to keep trying until the very end, do not give up because you get discouraged.

You may get discouraged and that is all apart of the process of achieving your goal(s); it means you want it. If you did not want this accomplish this goal, it would not affect you emotionally. Keep going.

I will end things here. Everything I say here is merely a suggestion and I hope no one takes any of this to heart. No matter what I suggest, you can make the final decision in what you think is best for you. Please follow me on TWITTER @midnighthuee and tell me what goal(s) you’re still striving to accomplish.


Smile, beautiful. Men can and are beautiful too. Try to do one good deed each day and until next time, Take Care <3

No comments:

Post a Comment