Friday, February 12, 2016

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

Valentine’s Day is this Sunday and I’m sure everyone is just about prepared to celebrate with their loves ones.

I know I can say that last year was not the best Valentine’s for me because both my best friends had previous engagements I did not know about and I assumed we were going to spend it together since we did not get to spend it all together the year before. Then I ended up not having any plans and spending it at home all day. Not the best way to spend Valentine’s Day or any holiday but we grow and learn from it and plan ahead to prevent stuff like this from happening again.

This year I snagged both of my friends weeks prior to make sure we spent it together and even though we do not have a solid plan A, we have a solid plan B. Plan B is to have them over my place for wine, movies, and games. Especially since the weather here in New York is going to be very cold. This is not the first year either that it was very cold on Valentine’s Day.

I wanted to suggest some ideas for both friends and couples.

Suggestions w/ friends:
  • Movie Night
  • Wine tasting
  • Going to a club or lounge ( Drink responsibility )
  • Dinner ( try a new type of cuisine you've never had before )
  • Going out to the movies ( Deadpool coming out )
  • Bowling
  • Karaoke ( that was another suggestion among me and my friends )
  • Finding an arcade
  • Throwing a Valentine’s Dance Party
  • Morning walk and grabbing a cup of coffee ( it’s not cold everywhere on Sunday )
  • Brunch even ( Hopefully you made reservations weeks prior )
  • Star gazing at night ( Nightly walk )

As for what to do with your partner, you can pretty much so the same thing and add a romantic twist. I plan to also buy flowers and chocolates for my best friends because the point of this holiday is to show your loved ones how much you care and appreciate them.


I am also not too big on Single's Party because I always got the vibe that a bunch of single people come together and be mad at being single and mad at people in relationships when there is nothing wrong with being single; it's a time to work on yourself. When I saw work on yourself I mean find a new hobby, meditate, figure out things about yourself you probably wouldn't have in a relationship to list a few. That is only my opinion on Single's Parties. I could be speaking rubbish. I'm sure there are many people who have tons of fun at those parties because it is still a party at the end of the night.

The year before last year, I bought a bag of Hersey’s chocolates and gave a Hersey’s kiss to all my friends at school. It was really sweet and thoughtful of me and it felt good to share with everyone. I even received some chocolates too which never really happened to me when I was growing up.

I am also aware that some of the suggestions I made such as movies and dinner may not be the best unless you plan ahead at least 2 weeks in advance since everyone and their grandmother suggests dinner and a movie. If you planned ahead and made those reservations and bought those Deadpool movie tickets then you should be a-oh-kay.

I think here is a good spot to end things. I am so sorry that I was late with posting this week. I got sick again and was a bit slower with things. I know not a lot of people read my blog but those who do, I really do appreciate it. Thank you for taking the time to read my words.

I hope everyone has a safe and wonderful Valentine’s Day. Love each other, guys.


Until next time, everyone. Take care <3

No comments:

Post a Comment